Updated: October 6th, 2020
We are open! To keep the community safe during this pandemic, things will be quite different at BAC. Below, you will find new clinic procedures and policies.
1. Face coverings must be worn in the clinic at all times. Please bring your own mask/face covering if you have access to one - if you don't have one, we will provide one for you.
2. Frequently wash or disinfect your hands and avoid touching your face. We will have multiple bottles of hand sanitizer throughout the clinic.
3. Maintain social distancing of 6ft or more. We have rearranged the clinic to ensure that social distancing is easy to do. Of course, when your acupunk treats you, they will be closer than 6ft, but this should be the only interaction you have with anyone at a close distance.
4. We will be pre-screening everyone before they are able to receive treatment at BAC. We will not be able to treat you if: you have had a fever in the last 24 hours, had any respiratory or flu symptoms in the last week, have traveled from a COVID-19 hot-spot outside of the Treasure Valley within the last 14 days, or have been in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days (unless you are a healthcare worker).
5. Please assess your personal risk level when considering making an appointment. While we are doing everything we can to ensure your safety, it is important to be cautious during this time especially if you fit the CDC's at-risk criteria.
Making and Paying for Appointments
1. You can make appointments online or by calling the clinic during open hours.
2. We will be limiting treatments to 1 hour long so we can make sure only 10 people are in the clinic at a time.
3. Please prepay for your treatment online, bring exact cash, or a prefilled check. We will not be handing out change.
Arriving at BAC
1. Arrive at your appointment on time. If you are early please expect to wait until your appointment time to enter the clinic. If you are late, we will likely not be able to fit you in. Missed appointments are responsible for a $20 fee.
2. Only persons essential for your physical/emotional well-being are permitted to join you in the clinic. Other persons accompanying you will have to wait outside.
3. When you arrive for your appointment, call the clinic at 208-917-1282 and await instructions. If you do not reach the front desk when you first call, please wait patiently, or impatiently, and call again.
1. Put on your mask before entering the clinic. If you don't have a mask, take one from the organizer hanging on the front door. Sanitize your hands once you enter the clinic.
2. Check-in by standing near the heart in front of the front desk and follow the receptionist's instructions.
3. If you need to use the restroom, please follow posted instructions to maintain clean surfaces for all.
1. If you are a returning patient, the front desk will direct you to enter the treatment room by following the arrows on the floor. You can pick any zero-gravity chair without an orange cone on it to settle into.
2. If you are a new patient, the front desk will direct you to wait in the intake room to consult with your acupunk before you settle into the treatment room.
3. As you walk through the intake room and into the treatment room, feel free to take a container to place your personal belongings into.
1. The treatment room will be set up with zero-gravity recliners and 4 first-come-first-come-first-served recliners positioned 6ft+ apart from one another. We will have one electric recliner available for anyone with physical/mobility concerns. We will not have a massage table in the treatment room.
2. If you would like to use a recliner, you must bring your own full size or larger sheet to cover the recliner.
3. We will be disinfecting the zero-gravity recliners after each use. It takes 5-10 minutes for the disinfectant to dry which is why we are using orange cones to prevent you from sitting in a recliner that isn't ready yet.
4. All acupunks will wash/disinfect their hands between all patients and touching all surfaces.
5. After your treatment is over, follow arrows on the treatment room floor to exit.
Other Things We Are Doing To Keep You Safe
1. Regular disinfection of frequently touched surfaces.
2. Twice a week deep cleaning of the clinic.
3. Replacing HVAC filters regularly and significantly minimizing air conditioning use.
4. Running UV HEPA filters in the treatment room.
5. Keeping windows and doors open to ensure airflow through the clinic.
6. All of your acupunks are following the guidelines of public health officials in their personal lives. None of your acupunks live with anyone who has high occupational risk of exposure.
We know this is a lot of change.
We are living in unprecedented times. COVID-19 is changing the way many communities and businesses operate, all the while disproportionately impacting the most marginalized and vulnerable among us. BAC is committed to meeting this moment with flexibility, empathy, and compassion. Community acupuncture is such a valuable resource for collectively processing the grief, fear, trauma from this time - getting people back on track to managing their symptoms after a long time away from your clinic.
We hope we can continue to be a source of recovery, adaptation, and growth for you and for our community. We hope that this time of weirdness and heightened isolation brings a renewed appreciation of the power of community and working together. We are here for each other, we continue to be here for each other, and we will be able to get through this together.
Thank you so much for your understanding and patience as we enter this new-for-now normal. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
With lots of love,
Boise Acupuncture Co-op acupunks, staff and volunteers